Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sailor Styles for the Home

I've always wanted to learn how to sail. Someday, when my hubby and I are retired and carefree, I'll be a sailor. In the meantime, I'll settle for anything nautical. Lately, nautical and coastal interiors have been catching my eye. The crisp blues, the weathered whites, the rope and knot details... I get lost in them. There are two craft projects I'm itching to do - both of the nautical nature, of course!


I think I'll pull out the old sewing machine and make a few pillows that mimic nautical flags, like the ones pictured above from Coastal Living. There will be a pillow for J (for my name), R (my husband's name), T (our last name), and B (for Bean, our Boston Terrier.) If you don't have a sewing machine, but you'd like some of these nautical flag pillows for yourself, Coastal Cushions offers a whole collection.

Once I've whipped up some pillows fit for a sailor, I'd like to to get tied up in this project:


 I think one of these would look lovely in the same room as my nautical pillows, don't you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the nautical pillows idea!! So cute-- you'll have to post photos!