Sunday, September 26, 2010

Ballgown Crush

Last night, my hubby and I went to see Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps. Just having watched the original movie a few nights ago, I thoroughly enjoyed the sequel! Carey Mulligan was great in her role as Winnie Gekko, and sported some great looks. While her day-to-day style seemed comfortable yet effortlessly chic, she glammed it up in a vintage Oscar de la Renta ballgown for one important scene. The ballgown has a full dark tulle skirt and a gorgeous detailed bodice. Mulligan dressed it down a bit by covering up with a simple black cardigan. I love this style, and wanted to share this look with you.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I am so in love with her right now. She is totally adorable. So glad to hear that you liked the movie. Definitely want to see it.

Annemarie said...

Oh I was drooling over this gown in the theater this weekend! I love her- she is just perfection.

Unknown said...

What a fun look...reminds me of some of Vera Wangs dark wedding gowns. She rocks the pixie cut so well! PS...the PHILLIES WON the EASTERN CHAMP!!! ♥