Friday, January 14, 2011

Bridal Gowns + Cardigans

I'm guilty of reading more wedding blogs now then when I was planning my own wedding. I keep stumbling across photos of brides sporting cardigans over their gowns. At first, I thought, "why would you cover up your gorgeous gown with a sweater?" Then, the more photos I saw with this trend in action, the more I thought about it -- why wouldn't you choose a fun cardigan to go with your wedding day ensemble? The extra pop of color seems to add to the overall style, and the choice of cardigan is another way to infuse your personal style into your look. I can't say that I'd wear the cardigan during the ceremony, but I do think it would be a fun accent for select photos, and a great way to keep stylishly warm if you're having an outdoor or winter wedding.



My picks for pretty cardigans that would look lovely over simple gowns:





10 comments:

Annemarie said...

Such an absolutely beautiful and sweet look! Happy weekend lovey :) xoxo

Anonymous said...

Yes! I love this look too :)

Kristen said...

Awww...that's such a cute idea! very preppy :)

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

Oh those weddings look beautiful. I think cardigans can look sweet if it goes with the rest of the wedding aesthetic!

Daisy Dayz Home
Cross-Jones-Photography Home

Manni said...

I love that, its especially nice when you find a really fancy cardigan. I love the coral lace cardigan. I'm going to have to show this to my friend : )

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Kinda dying over that bride's yellow cardy!

Miss Southern Prep said...

The wedding dress and yellow sweater combo is so gorgeous! It looks so J. Crewish! I love that last cardigan, too!

Holly said...

I have never seen or heard of that trend before...but I think I like it!

iheartkiwi said...

That little yellow cardigan is just darling!

I love it!

Unknown said...

I love brides with little cardigans...so darling!!