Monday, May 16, 2011

Pinterest + Pantry

Photos of yummy food and accompanying recipes are easy to find on Pinterest -- but, have you ever made a recipe you've pinned? I finally turned a recipe pin into a meal over the weekend! {This} amazing Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad was a re-pin on Pinterest weeks ago, and was absolutely delicious in real life. The recipe was simple, and I had most of the ingredients in my home already. I chose to roast an entire chicken (to use the rest as leftovers), but you could use leftover chicken pieces from cooked breasts or a store bought cooked chicken. Next time, I'd use less rosemary than the recipe calls for -- other than that, I wouldn't change a thing!


I'd love to hear if any of you are using Pinterest as a virtual recipe box!

3 comments:

Mrs. Lopac said...

This looks delicious! I am just getting started on Pinterest and have a board for recipes. I had been emailing myself hundreds of recipes and craft ideas, but I love pinning them instead! Thanks for sharing the recipe... I totally just pinned it :)

Better Than a Milk Mustache

Leslie *Fresh Out of Lemons* said...

I pretty much exclusively get all my recipes from Pinterest now!

http://pinterest.com/FOOL/dinner-ideas/

:)

Sarah Foster said...

I just made panko-crusted fish sticks last night from a recipe I found on pinterest. They were wonderful! I'm now planning on making lemon-blueberry cake from another recipe I found there.