Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sailing and the City

If you know me personally, you know that I adore anything and everything that is nautical. I especially love anything related to sailing. I really don't have any idea how to sail -- I know certain keywords and such, that's all. I am just obsessed with the idea of it. I've always wanted to be a sailor.


Last weekend, our (new to me, the Mr. already knew them) friends took us for a sailing trip out on the lake. Sailing alongside the city was so wonderful -- the best views! Although it wasn't the most windy of days, we had the sails up for a while before we motored around. We've been promised another trip once the Windy City is being true to its name. I can't wait! I've been seriously considering taking sailing lessons now that we live on the water. Can you think of anything more fun?

Personal photos

4 comments:

Brunch at Saks said...

What a fun way to spend the weekend! These photos are stunning!

Phil and Darby Hawley said...

Oh my goodness that will be awesome! You've got to take lots of pictures!

Shoe.Gal said...

I have never been sailing but it seems like a perfect way to spend the afternoon.

danielle {breakfast at toast} said...

I want to go sailing so badly!!