Tuesday, September 13, 2011

This is a Red Line Train

Living in the city means public transportation. Yes, we brought a car with us to Chicago, but it remains parked on our street unless we go all out at Trader Joe's, or venture outside the city. At first, I was quite nervous about riding the train and figuring out the CTA system. Now, I can easily hop on a train knowing which line (in Chicago, there are different colored lines that will take you in different directions) I need to take in order to get where I'm going. I actually like taking the train -- is that strange? It's so easy, and let's face it... it's great for people-watching.


When I saw this print, I had to have it. At first glance, it looks like a simple line drawing of the CTA system. When you look closer, each line is made from the names of the stops along each line -- how neat!


As soon as it arrives, I'll be framing it and hanging it in our new home. Good news -- if you don't live in Chicago, there's no need to fret. Fadeout Design has created prints in the same fashion for Boston, NYC, London, DC, and San Fran.

5 comments:

Gloria said...

I love that the lines are made up of the station names - how clever!

A Big Little Life said...

I love that! I really like riding the train too. We have one car too, but I don't like driving in the madness. Hope you're loving Chicago as much as I am!

Kaper Design said...

I love this print! Such a great interpretation of the classic map and so clever! We ended up getting rid of our car and jointing zip car, I love it!

Kaper Design; Inspiration said...

I love this print! Such a great interpretation of the classic map and so clever! We ended up getting rid of our car and jointing zip car, I love it!

Katie said...

I love this print! Such a great interpretation of the classic map and so clever! We ended up getting rid of our car and jointing zip car, I love it!