Friday, December 17, 2010

Holiday Card Display

Last week, I blogged about displaying holiday cards on The Finer Things (the blog I write professionally for FineStationery.com -- check it out!) I was so inspired by the post that I just had to create something fun to display the holiday cards my hubby and I have been receiving. At Michaels, I picked up some ribbon and a flat floral wreath. I had clothespins on hand at home, so I set to work making this little wreath:


Here's how I made it (excuse the grainy photos that I took with my phone):

Wrap ribbon around the wreath. I used a flat floral wreath, but you could use a Styrofoam or wire wreath as well. Once you've wrapped the ribbon all the way around, secure the end with hot glue.

Wrap a thinner ribbon around the top of each clothespin, securing it with hot glue.

Before gluing the clothespins to the wreath, lay them out around the circumference to be sure you have enough. Once the clothespins are all in place and glued down, loop a ribbon through the top and tie it off with a knot or bow. Now it's ready to hang and display cards!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! I haven't see these flat floral wreaths yet... but I'm feeling inspired already!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That is adorably creative lady!