Monday, May 9, 2011

Point to Point

Over the weekend, we attended a derby-style event called Point to Point. This local tradition involves horse races, old-fashioned cars, pretty hats and dresses and mingling in the sun on a spring afternoon. We were lucky to have amazing weather -- although, the sun was a little strong in the afternoon, leaving many of us with sunburnt skin (oops!) It was the first time that my hubby and I had been to the event, and loved every minute of it - from the upscale "tailgating" to the horses and people-watching. Here are a few highlights from Point to Point 2011:


My dress was Lilly Pulitzer and I decorated the hat myself!


This group of gentlemen wore matching white suits and had the cutest trio of dachshunds!


An exhibition ride -- the kids were adorable!


An old-fashioned Rolls Royce -- it matched my dress!

Did any of you attend any fun derby events? One of my favorite parts was being able to wear a fancy floppy hat! 

No comments: