2011 was a fantastic year, full of change for the Mr. and I. The biggest change being our move to Chicago. To wrap up the year, I thought it'd be fun to take a walk down memory lane and record the fun things we did during 2011, month by month. Some months were more exciting than others, but all in all, it was a wonderful year:
- We rang in the New Year with champagne and cannolis from Termini Bros.
- Lots of snow in Delaware!
- Monthly Wine Club "meetings" with friends began. Each month had a different theme!
- Bought our iMac and finally got CS5 - wahoo!
- Took a trip out west to Seattle and Portland. Visited my brother in Portland and went skiing at Mt. Hood.
- Woke up early with the rest of the world to watch the Royal Wedding. Wore my homemade fascinator to work and handed out royal treats to co-workers.
-Began to entertain the idea of Ron taking a new job and possibly moving.
- Attended Point to Point to watch the horse races, dressed in Lilly Pulitzer, pearls and a giant hat.
- Flew out to Chicago for Ron to take a final interview. We started falling in love with Chicago and the idea of moving!
- Celebrated my 27th birthday.
- Received the news that Ron got the job in Chicago -- we found out we were moving!
- Traveled to Petoskey, MI to meet my Goddaughter Lily for the first time and celebrate her Baptism.
Had a great time catching up with my bestie Meghann.
- Took a trip out to Chicago to hunt for apartments and celebrate our move with friends.
- Put our Delaware house up for sale. It was our first home together.
- Spent the 4th of July at the shore, soaking up the sun and enjoying the sand and sea.
- Began purging and packing up our house for the move.
- Spent time with family and friends, and had a great going-away party hosted by my Aunt and Uncle.
- Hit the road -- Chicago bound! On Aug. 13th we became Chicago's newest residents!
- I started working as a contractor for FineStationery.com, and began working from home.
- My parents visited us in Chicago and we enjoyed showing them our new home.
- Our friends took us sailing on Lake Michigan and I confirmed the fact that I'd like to be a sailor when I'm older. Also confirmed... my husband gets terribly seasick.
- Our friends Steve and Ali visited from Delaware to spend Labor Day weekend with us.
- We celebrated our two year wedding anniversary.
- I was published in the National Stationery Show's e-newsletter.
- My blog was featured in the Sigma Kappa Triangle.
- We took a trip to San Francisco and the Napa Valley with our friends, the Zaks. Drank lots of wine!
- I started to get back in to shape by taking classes at Barre Bee Fit.
- Met a few other Chicago bloggers at a Wine Tasting event.
- Ron's parents visited us in Chicago and were here over Halloween weekend.
- We hosted our first party in our apartment. Lots of great apps and wine!
- Watched the Tree Lighting and parade on Michigan Avenue with new Chicago friends.
- Ron's brother visited Chicago to spend Thanksgiving with us. I cooked a full-blown Thanksgiving dinner for the three of us!
- Went to a few holiday parties to celebrate the season.
- Took our first trip back east since moving to Chicago to spend Christmas with family.